This little gem of a survey has been floating around the interwebs and I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Enjoy!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Old fashioned oatmeal made with water, chia seeds, blueberry craisins, ground cinnamon, walnuts and vanilla protein powder.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I don’t keep track, but my guess would be around 100-150 ounces a day (more on long runs). But I’m BFing so that makes me ridiculously thirsty.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
Running! Though I’ve found a renewed love of at home workout videos since the weather became frigid and we’ve been unable to run. My side kick makes it even more enjoyable 🙂
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I don’t keep track anymore but if I had to guess I’d say 1800-2500 a day. More on long run days.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I snack constantly! Here are my favorites:
- Banana with peanut butter
- Apples, oranges, bananas
- Almonds, cashews, pistachios or trail mix
- Baby carrots or celery solo or with hummus or PB
- Triscuits <— probably not “healthy” but delicious!
- Hard boiled eggs
- Fiber and protein bars <—- again probably not the healthiest
- Protein pudding + fruit
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
Usually leftovers. Sometimes I snack my way through lunch if Jax and I are out and about.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
My arms and core. They’re my weakest body parts though my arms are getting more impressive now that I’m constantly carrying around a 17+lb weight of adorableness. My core, however, is still recovering from creating that little munchkin.
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
My legs since I run for the majority of my cardio I hate having sore legs before I even leave for a run. Ouch.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Cheesecake. I’m fairly certain Jackson was created at least 70% by the consumption of cheesecake goodness. I also love chocolate, most candy, Chinese food (mmmm yummy!) and sometimes I crave beer.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
Yes, I still take prenatals (they have added calcium and omega-3s)
11. How often do you eat out?
We try to only eat out once a week (for our weekly date nights) but usually we’re naughty and go out 2-3 times.
12. Do you eat fast food?
I eat Chinese food occasionally. The greasy delivery kind that makes my heart throb from it’s goodness.
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
These heartthrobs. I guess Bry would be my biggest supporter but Jax is hands down my biggest motivation.
14. Do you have a gym membership?
I don’t but there’s a very good chance we’ll be getting one for a month or two since it’s below 20 degrees almost daily which makes running outside with a bambino impossible (and we have to continue running since our half Mary is in 7 weeks. Gulp)
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
When I was pregnant, I got glorious amounts of sleep nightly. Apparently you cannot stockpile sleep so the 10-12 hours prebaby have become 8 broken hours now that the little cherub is here. I go to bed usually around 8 every night and wake up twice for nursing/pumping/diaper changes that usually last 30-45 minutes. Then I take Bry to the metro at 5:30am and bury my head under the covers praying Jax sleeps in until 6:30-7am.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I’m not on a “diet” so I don’t have “cheat” days. If I’m truly craving something, I’ll eat a small portion of it and try to make sure the rest of my meals are a bit more healthy to round out the day. I try not to ever deprive myself of anything. I’ve learned that almost always leads to raiding the entire house of any and every edible object trying to satisfy said craving.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Yes but rarely. I’d say 1 drink a month. Maybe?
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
These same cuties
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?
I feel more confident. I feel healthier and happier and have really found a healthy medium that works for me between enjoying life and living a healthy one. I not only want to be a constant healthy role model for my son (and our hopefully future children) but to be healthy enough to live a long life where I can watch them grow up and hopefully one day their children (and maybe even their children’s children) and be well enough to enjoy my life, to live it to the fullest and never have to burden my children with having to take care of me. Excuse my run on sentences.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Baby kiss pushups. You know, where you do pushups over your baby and every time you go down you kiss their little forehead. Jax thinks it’s the greatest thing ever. My arms aren’t fans.