This recipe has become a regular in our house! I love how delicious and easy it is to cook and how many vegetables it packs into just one bowl. As an alternative name we lovingly refer to it as the 10 vegetable soup. While the directions are for stovetop cooking I often cook it on the stove and then add it to the crock pot on “warm” for a few hours since I usually cook it ahead of time. Great both ways! Feel free to change up the vegetables. There are so many delicious options with this chili. We hope you enjoy it as much as we have.
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or any oil of choosing)
- 1/2 a head of kale
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can corn
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 squash, diced
- 1/2 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add onions & sweet potatoes and cook until slightly softened
- Stir in garlic, chili powder, cumin and salt. Heat 1-2 minutes
- Add tomatoes, beans, zucchini, corn, squash and kale.
- Add water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 10-12 minutes or until potato is tender.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Cook 2-3 more minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Serve and enjoy 🙂