Spinach & Tomato Chicken Alfredo
- 1 container light cream cheese
- 1/2c whole fat milk
- 1/2c low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2c butter
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1c thawed frozen spinach or fresh spinach
- 1c cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1c mini portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 4c uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Melt butter in medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Add cream cheese to melted butter and whisk until mixed.
- Lower heat to low and let simmer.
- In a medium pot cook pasta as instructed on package.
- In another medium skillet cook chicken over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add milk and cheese to butter/cream mixture until mixed.
- Let simmer.
- Meanwhile, add onion and garlic to chicken. Season with salt and pepper & cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic powder, oregano, spinach and tomatoes. Lower heat to low.
- Drain pasta.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley to cream mixture. Whisk and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine cream mixture, chicken + vegetables and pasta.
- Mix and serve!