Gracie over at Girl Meets Life started a monthly blogging challenge. This is the second month and I figured why not jump on the blogging bandwagon? I have a few “real” posts coming at you later this week but in the meantime here’s day one of Octobers Blogging Challenge (OBC).
Day 1: Goals for October
1. Finish my half marathon. I’ve been training for almost 5.5 months now and really proud of where I am and how far I’ve come. I feel like I’m at my strongest physically and mentally as a runner and excited to see what I can do on the course. I’m also excited to have my 3 boys cheering me on. I want them to be proud of me too. My biggest goal? Run a sub-2. There. I said it.
2. Finish my 5k on October 11th. I don’t have a goal time for it because my biggest goal is to be fresh and healthy for my half the following weekend. I want to enjoy it and just finish my first 5k race. Bry and the babes are running it too! How fun.
3. Enjoy all that fall has to offer. We’ve kicked it off with a trip to the apple orchard, have indulged in our first caramel apples of the season, devoured pumpkin pancakes, and enjoyed the beginning of the changing leaves. We want to make it out to one of the many fall festivals in the area for hayrides and pumpkin picking, carve/decorate pumpkins, watch Hocus Pocus, drink apple cider, eat apple cider and pumpkin donuts, enjoy a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese and have a family photoshoot in a leaf pile.
4. Enjoy this season. Not fall but this season of life. Lately we’ve been discussing the future pretty seriously and where we’d like to settle down eventually. We’ve even narrowed down a few cities and started house hunting. But we’re a few years out from any huge moves and this season were in right now is pretty darn amazing. We might not have our own place or be steady in our careers yet but we have each other and the most amazing little boys who are at such fun ages! I want to enjoy the present more instead of looking too far into the future (though it’s important to think about).
5. Trick or treating. Jackson is at the greatest age for trick or treating. He loves to randomly walk up to our neighbors front porches and I’m excited for all the free candy and teaching him to take candy from strangers, but only if he asks first. We have both boys costumes already and I cannot tell you how excited I am to see Andrew in his lion outfit. Those cheeks! You better believe I kiss them at least 8,000 times a day. I’m not even exaggerating. And I wonder why he’s so quick to learn to crawl…
What are some of your goals for the month?