We had a play date this morning. I had grand plans for picking up our favorite local cupcakes but it totally slipped my mind yesterday and Bry took the car into work today. So this morning I decided to use what we had and make something that was delicious and nutritious. Our friends have two girls that are the same ages as Jackson and Andrew so we always have a ton of fun together. It also makes it a lot easier to know how to feed the kids. Muffins were a great way to feed all four little ones and provided an ample vessel to hide some nutrients.
i was a little nervous that the muffins might turn out a bit dry from the mix of flours but they turned out perfectly. Both boys devoured two before our guests even arrived! They’re perfect size for tiny hands and yummy enough to keep them going back for more.
Blueberry Banana Carrot Muffins
- 1c whole wheat flour
- 1/2c Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 1/2c organic cane sugar (or any sugar)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp kosher salt
- A generous sprinkle of ground cinnamon (~1/8tsp)
- 3 ripe banana smashed
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tbsp ground flaxseed + 1/4c water
- 1/2c almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 large carrots peeled and grated
- 1c frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl mix flaxseed and water. Let sit.
3. In another bowl smash bananas until moist. Add vanilla, milk and carrots.
4. Mix wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Once combined, fold in blueberries.
5. In greased muffin pan, pour mix evenly into 12 muffin tins.
6. Bake 35 minutes or until cooked through. Enjoy!