Between 2 trips to the ER and a chest infection my week was very light on the workout front. Some is better than none! And I know that taking a break is more beneficial to my body recovering then trying to push through.
Saturday: 9mi run! (8:20pace) <– 30 degree run. It was absolutely frigid & I kicked myself the entire time for not bringing gloves. My hands were numb, swollen and red the entire time. Ouch!
Monday: Walk (trip to ER for corneal scratch)
Tuesday: 20m ab + booty barre workout
Wednesday: 4mi treadmill run + 3/4mi warm up and cooldown (9:38 pace) <— so so sick
Thursday: Walk (ER allergic reaction)
Friday: Rest or at home workout (like yoga or barre)
Now to what you really want…CUPCAKES!
Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
- 1c organic cane sugar
- 2tbsp ground flax mixed into 6tbsp water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup nondairy milk (I used unsweetened soy milk)
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add flax egg and vanilla and beat until combined
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl
- Add half of the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined
- Add the milk
- Once mixed, add remaining dry ingredients
- Fold in sprinkles
- Pour into cupcake tins and fill 2/3 of the way full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through (test with a toothpick)
- Let cool completely before frosting
I recommend topping with a vegan buttercream but I have yet to be able to create one that doesn’t melt on me immediately. The frosting on the cupcakes above I made using whipped coconut cream but neither Bry nor I liked the taste at all. This one looks good though.