I took my old lentil soup recipe and kicked it up a notch by adding some various spices and bulking up the vegetable content. Besides being delicious, the fact that you can throw everything into the crockpot, go about your day and come back a couple hours later to a completely cooked meal is always a plus. Hope you enjoy!
Lentil & Sweet Potato Soup
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme or 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 large carrots, grated and diced
- 2 small-medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 3c dry lentils
- 15oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15oz can diced tomatoes
- 32oz vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bag spinach
- Combine all ingredients besides spinach into large crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Set on low heat for 4-5 hours or medium heat for 2-3 hours
- Stir in spinach and let wilt for 5 minutes.
- Stir and serve into bowls