‘Tis the season for baking all the things. Cookies are my favorite homemade sweets and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my husband’s favorite kind. I whipped up a batch using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour for a gluten free variety (so we could share with some of our gluten sensitive friends) that was delicious and flavorful. Enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups gluten free flour (or all purpose flour if you don’t care about the gluten)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Earth Balance, softened but not melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well, set aside.
In a separate bowl combine sugars. Add butter and mix until a grainy paste is formed. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until blended.
Add the flour mixture, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips being careful not to over mix.
- Refrigerate dough for 10-15 minutes. This will prevent cookies from spreading too much during baking
Drop dough in rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Move to cooling rack, pour a glass of milk and try not to devour the entire batch in a single sitting.