If you’re still looking for delicious recipes to add to your Thanksgiving menu, here’s Bryan’s absolute favorite. Ever since I made it for our first Thanksgiving together, he asks for it constantly. Just last night when I was going over the menu for this years feast (as if he cared), his only question was “and your mashed potatoes right?!” So if you’re looking for some truly incredible potatoes to add to your table, look no further. These are hands down the best around…at least according to the judges in our house.
Gouda Mashed Potatoes
- 7oz package of Gouda cheese, shredded (can add more. We’ve started using the smoked variety due to Bry’s love of all things smokey)
- 1 tsp. black pepper + more to taste
- 1 tsp. kosher salt + more to taste
- 2 tbsp. horseradish sauce
- 2lbs baby red potatoes, diced + blemished removed
- 1/3c milk (any milk works, we use 1%)
- Dice and remove blemishes from potatoes (you could leave them but they sometimes add a funny taste/texture that might affect your final dish).
- Add potatoes to large pot and cover with water. Boil until tender.
- Drain water and return to pot. Add pepper, salt, horseradish sauce, milk and shredded gouda.
- Blend with a hand mixer until well mixed. Adjust salt + pepper to taste and enjoy!